Customized, high-impact training for enduring results
Individual development of targeted areas
Get actionable data to support decisions
Organizational development and change management
Professional facilitation for meetings and offsites
Leader As Coach: Coaching And Mentoring Employee Development
Where will you find your leaders of the future? As the Boomers retire, taking years of organizational knowledge and invaluable experience with them, who is prepared to step into their shoes? Jack Welch, the revered former CEO of GE, maintained that developing leaders is the number one job of executives. Are your leaders focused on developing people to take on more responsibility and grow in their current jobs? Coaching and mentoring employees is one of the most critical roles of a leader.
Development isn’t all about sending people to training. The proven most successful development strategy is coaching and mentoring by managers. Even though many managers claim they just don’t have time, we’ve learned that most don’t know how to build coaching and mentoring into their day-to-day interactions with employees. We believe leaders can make every conversation an opportunity for coaching and mentoring. When leaders have the skills, tools, and confidence to have both informal and formal developmental conversations, your business achieves important benefits:
- A deep bench of leaders and potential leaders ready to take on more responsibility
- Reduced expense for recruiting from the outside
- Improved retention of high performing individuals
- Improved and sustained overall performance
- Increased employee engagement, ownership and accountability
Leader As Coach Training highlights:
- Why coaching and mentoring employee development is so important
- The comprehensive AHA coaching model with tools, strategies, steps
- How to assess your employees’ capabilities, interests, and goals
- Assessing current performance versus future capability using the 9 box grid
- Teachable moments: how to make every conversation a coaching opportunity
- How to objectively analyze developmental needs
- The individual development plan – who is responsible for what and why it is essential
- Developmental discussions: how to get the employee to take responsibility for his/her own development; how to gain commitment
- How to take advantage of all the developmental options in your company – and create others
Leader As Coach Methodology
Participants in Leader As Coach spend most of their workshop time in practices with coaching and feedback in P2P Videolabs™ – AlexanderHancock’s trademarked process for rapid development of business communication skills. They bring their own real situations to use in the practice applying the tools and strategies of the AHA coaching model.
Leader As Coach Customized Solutions
To ensure that training is not just an “event,” but instead produces enduring results, we customize Leader As Coach to fit your unique situation, business strategy, culture, and people. After discussion with you and other experts within your organization, we select the emphasis, specific skills to be developed, key learning points, exercises, and case studies for practice to create a solution tailored just for you.
Leader As Coach Applications
The following are some of the ways our clients have used custom versions of Leader As Coach:
- To support the succession plan
- To support programs for high potential, fast track leaders
- To promote diversity
- To accelerate the inclusion of new people brought into the organization
- To avoid derailing of valuable talent
- To accelerate change in a new organizational culture
10 Key Business Challenges
Many companies are trying to find ways to differentiate themselves in an uncertain, competitive market. We identify the key challenges to focus on in the next year.
11 Lessons of Leadership
How do you rank?
Inner View 360
Confront and overcome blindspots by eliciting crucial feedback for leaders.
Rapid Skill Development
Small group practice and customized coaching help individuals with strong technical skills but weak interpersonal skills develop those necessary soft skills rapidly.