Customized, high-impact training for enduring results
Individual development of targeted areas
Get actionable data to support decisions
Organizational development and change management
Professional facilitation for meetings and offsites
Feedback And Coaching: Performance Management In The Workplace
Do you believe that employee engagement is related to feedback and coaching? If not, you may be missing a key to performance management in the workplace.
Feedback is the breakfast of champions – yet many supervisors are starving their employees! There’s no question that feedback has greater impact on employee performance than anything else a corporation can do, and it doesn’t cost a dime. Yet supervisors get caught up in daily administrative tasks and often fail to provide feedback and coaching.
Every employee walks around wondering, “How am I doing?” …and longs to hear either “You’re doing a great job” or “You’re off track here, but here’s how to get back on.” And they want to hear it from someone they believe is genuinely interested in helping them succeed. Employee surveys indicate that supervisors give far more criticism than praise and appreciation. Still fewer give constructive feedback and coaching tips.
Skilled supervisors who know how to give feedback to employees, who build coaching into their daily interactions and who make it a priority help you achieve important benefits:
- Significantly improved employee performance – quality, productivity, responsiveness, creativity
- Improved employee engagement
- Faster learning of new skills and new procedures
- Greater employee loyalty and commitment to goals
- Development of leader potential among employees
- Development of an environment where ongoing feedback and coaching is a normal part of everyday interactions, not a single event
Feedback And Coaching Training highlights:
- How to make every conversation an opportunity for feedback and coaching
- How feedback and coaching works – what we’ve learned from decades of human experiments
- How to look for and find opportunities to give feedback and coaching every day
- How to give positive feedback that has a lasting effect
- How to give corrective feedback constructively
- How to “teach them to fish” instead of “giving them a fish”
- How to coach employees to think for themselves, take initiative, and take responsibility
Feedback And Coaching Methodology
Participants in Feedback and Coaching spend most of their workshop time in customized, hands-on practices applying the tools and skills, with coaching and feedback. They bring their own real situations to use in the practice sessions.
Feedback And Coaching Customized Solutions
To ensure that training is not just an “event,” but instead produces enduring results, we customize Feedback and Coaching to fit your unique situation, business strategy, culture, and people. After discussion with you and other experts within your organization, we select the emphasis, specific skills to be developed, key learning points, exercises, and case studies for practice to create a solution tailored just for you.
Feedback And Coaching Applications
The following are some of the ways our clients have used custom versions of Feedback and Coaching:
- To equip supervisors with the skills to be more professional managers
- To support the Learning Organization strategic initiative
- To prepare team leaders for roles as first-line managers
- To reduce grievances in a union environment
- To fine tune customer service skills