As managers we have never been given such focused coaching and feedback on our skills, behaviors . . . it’s great to “see” how we are performing.
Could you use some emotionally intelligent leadership in your business?
Call us…unless you can think of a quicker way to get started!
Emotionally Intelligent Leadership
Why does emotional intelligence matter? More than 30 years of research shows that close to 90% of leaders’ success in leadership was attributable to emotional intelligence. Emotional competencies were found to be twice as important in contributing to excellence as pure intellect and expertise. In the complex world of 21st century business, new challenges demand emotionally intelligent leadership with new capabilities: resilience, initiative, optimism, adaptability, humility and empathy – the so-called “soft” skills.
Emotional intelligence in leadership can be enhanced through training. AHA’s research-based training supports your efforts to develop emotionally intelligent leaders and helps you achieve important benefits:
Emotionally intelligent leaders who…
- lead by example gaining the respect and trust of employees and colleagues
- build consensus and win support for important business initiatives
- collaborate effectively to achieve strategic business results
- build sustainable relationships with customers, critical in today’s competitive market
Emotionally Intelligent Leadership Training highlights:
- The components of emotional intelligence
- Your EQI – your personal emotional intelligence profile and how it is impacting the way you lead
- How the emotional brain works – the impact of stress and fatigue
- Why the leadership “soft skills” are the hard skills and how to develop them
- Avoiding career derailers caused by lack of emotional intelligence
- Self-awareness and self-management: managing strengths, weaknesses, stress, and fatigue
- Managing relationships: developing and expressing empathy, openness, trust
- Emotionally intelligent leadership at work: developing and maintaining relationships, fostering teamwork and collaboration
Emotionally Intelligent Leadership Methodology
Participants in Emotionally Intelligent Leadership complete the EQI questionnaire and receive results and coaching during the workshop. They gain insight and skills through customized exercises and case studies.
Emotionally Intelligent Leadership Customized Solutions
To ensure that training is not just an “event,” but instead produces enduring results, we customize Emotionally Intelligent Leadership to fit your unique situation, business strategy, culture, and people. After discussion with you and other experts within your organization, we select the emphasis, specific skills to be developed, key learning points, exercises, and case studies for practice to create a solution tailored just for you.
Emotionally Intelligent Leadership Applications
The following are some of the ways our clients have used custom versions of Emotionally Intelligent Leadership training:
- As part of a year-long development process for high-potential global leaders
- As a follow up to 360 degree feedback
- To strengthen the interpersonal capabilities of highly skilled technical professionals
- To ensure emotionally intelligent leaders in the leadership pipeline
- To support succession planning