Customized, high-impact training for enduring results
Individual development of targeted areas
Get actionable data to support decisions
Organizational development and change management
Professional facilitation for meetings and offsites
Consultative Sales Training
There have been many salespeople who left the sales business because they were not successful. In reality, consultative sales training might have saved the day for them and led to a new and lucrative career!
Can you visualize your sales team actually costing you money? It happens more than you might think. Without the proper training and tools, many sales people flounder from one approach to another with no clear strategy or process. The result: missed sales, lost contacts, poor presentation of your product. And sometimes, even reduced respect for your company.
In business, nothing happens until somebody sells something. And in today’s environment, no one sells without some focus on relationships and accurately identifying customer requirements. That’s what Consultative Sales Training is about. It replaces “trial closes” and “aggressive questioning” with getting to know the customer or client and his/her unique needs. In fact, in most successful consultative sales, the product line is rarely mentioned until deep into the conversation. It turns traditional selling on its ear. But the result is well worth it: loyal, repeat business and a solid, trusting partnership between client and vendor—and often lasting relationships as well. Consultative Selling Skills can help your sales organization achieve important benefits:
- loyal customers who reward you with years of repeat business
- high trust levels between buyer and seller
- established partnerships based on mutual advantage
- reduced “churn”
- a sales force highly skilled in emotionally intelligent consultative selling approaches
- customer perception of a true value-added sales process
Consultative Sales Training highlights:
- What is consultative selling?
- How different is it from traditional selling?
- Why mailing lists and cold calling no longer work
- How to truly get to know the customer and why that results in sales
- How postponing the “close” actually nets more business
- How to develop and nurture the sale relationship first, then the sale (and the payoff)
- The step beyond getting to know the customer: anticipating the customer
- Why customers welcome consultative sales approaches (and return your calls!)
- How to tailor your approach to the individual client or customer (and be memorable)
Consultative Sales Training Methodology
Participants in Consultative Sales Training spend most of their workshop time in practices with coaching and feedback in P2P Videolabs™ – AlexanderHancock’s trademarked process for rapid development of business communication skills. They bring their own real situations to use in the practice sessions.
Participants in Consultative Sales Training practice actual sales calls and receive feedback from the facilitator and peers. They gain insight and skills through customized exercises and case studies.
Consultative Sales Training Customized Solutions
To ensure that training is not just an “event,” but instead produces enduring results, we customize Consultative Sales Training to fit your unique situation, business strategy, culture, and people. After discussion with you and other experts within your organization, we select the emphasis, specific skills to be developed, key learning points, exercises, and case studies for practice to create a solution tailored just for you.
Consultative Sales Training Applications
The following are some of the ways our clients have used custom versions of Consultative Sales Training
- To install a sales culture throughout the organization
- To “leap frog” the competition by learning thoroughly the prospect’s business and its needs
- To provide structure, business processes, and measurement to the sales process
- To develop a rich “sales funnel” of prospects in varying stages of readiness to buy
- To create a more professional consultative sales team, thoroughly educated in the industry they serve and their competitor’s offerings
10 Key Business Challenges
Many companies are trying to find ways to differentiate themselves in an uncertain, competitive market. We identify the key challenges to focus on in the next year.
11 Lessons of Leadership
How do you rank?
Inner View 360
Confront and overcome blindspots by eliciting crucial feedback for leaders.
Rapid Skill Development
Small group practice and customized coaching help individuals with strong technical skills but weak interpersonal skills develop those necessary soft skills rapidly.